This course will give you a thorough understanding of compressed air systems and it’s components.
After taking this course you will be 100% confident that you manage and operate your compressed air system the right way.
The course starts at the basics and teaches you all you need to know about compressed air and compressed air systems to feel confident working with and managing a compressed air system.
You will be able to do all the daily stuff that needs to be done to keep your compressors running happily for a long time.
Some reasons to take this course:
Know exactly what each part of your compressed air system does
Feel confident knowing exactly what each part does and why
Know exactly how pressure, volume and air flow work together
Problems are very often mis-interpreted (or made worse!) because of a lack of understanding of how pressure, volume and capacity work together in your compressed air system.
Compressors stay ‘healthy’ and you prevent problems.
Since you know exactly what to do each day, week and month – your compressors stay healthy.
Optimize your compressed air system
Save thousands of dollars per year – by keeping running costs down with simple optimization techniques.
Know exactly what to do when certain alarms come up. Quickly solve problems with air quality or low pressure for example.
This course is for YOU if:
- You want to have a strong foundation of compressed air and compressed air systems.
- You want to create and manage a reliable compressed air system.
- You want to save on electricity costs and maintenance.
Who would want this?
- You have the responsibility for the compressed air system in your factory.
- You work with compressed air or operate air compressors
- You are in charge of reducing energy costs in your factory.
- You’ve been working with compressed air for some time and really want to know how things work.
- You work at a compressor company in a sales or maintenance role.
Everything you need to know if you work with air compressors / compressed air is in this course.
What You Will Get
- This is a 100% online course about compressed air.
- Take it at your own pace and in your own time. (you have 1 year full access!)
- Lessons are both text-based and video-based with extra materials like summaries and cheat-sheets.
Modern online learning environment
The course is built on an advanced online ‘learning management system’ – Lessons are organized in sections and each lesson consists of both video and text (see example screenshot). This course is 100% online and interactive.
You can always go back and re-watch a lesson or ask your questions – all online.
Follow the course on pc, tablet or mobile phone!
Introduction to Compressed Air
We start at the basics – why we use compressed air, what is needed for compressed air, compressed air = stored energy and the cost of compressed air.
Compressed Air Basics
The fundamentals of compression of air and the main units: pressure, volume, capacity or air flow, free air delivery and pressure drop.
Compressed Air Quality
What makes quality compressed air, and why do we need it? Dust, water and oil in air and compressed air quality classes.
Compressed Air Equipment
Air compressors, compressed air dryers, condensate traps and drains, compressed air filters, air receivers.. and more.
Operations and Maintenance
Now that you know what you need to know – let’s put it into practice. This section is about daily operations and maintenance.
Troubleshooting and Optimization
Sometimes, things go wrong. Learn basic troubleshooting of compressed air system and basic optimization techniques.