A practical guide to Portable Diesel Air Compressors
This book contains all you need to know about diesel compressors – operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, buying and options, everything. It is a must-have for anybody that works with these machines.
I have received so many requests for this book over the past few years, and it is finally here!
This is what I call the ‘missing manual’ for diesel-driven air compressors.
What is covered in this book?
- How portable diesel compressors work
- Intro to oil-injected rotary screw compressors
- Capacity control methods of portable diesel screw compressors
- Explanation of the compressor oil and air systems
- Explanation of the compressor control and safety system
- Diesel engine basics
- Explanation of the diesel engine intake and exhaust air system, fuel system, cooling system and oil system
- Explanation of diesel engine speed control systems
- Planning for compressor deployment
- Hot weather operations
- High altitude operation
- Operations: setting up, pre-start checklists, daily operations, shutting down
- Maintenance of diesel engine and compressor
- Maintenance checks and test-running
- General troubleshooting advice for portable diesel compressors
- Troubleshooting advice for specific problems
- Overview and identification of sensors and safety switches
- Buying: choosing the right pressure and capacity
- Options and extras explained
This book contains 180 pages of to-the-point and easy to understand information about portable diesel air compressors. See other tab for a full content overview by chapter.