Portable Diesel Air Compressors
A practical guide to Portable Diesel Air Compressors: maintenance, troubleshooting, operations, buying and options, everything.
It’s a must-have for anybody that works with these machines.
What is this book about?
- How portable diesel compressors work: oil-injected rotary screw compressors, air system, oil system, control system
- Capacity control methods of portable diesel screw compressors
- Diesel engine basics
- Operations: Planning for compressor deployment, hot weather operations, high altitude operations, setting-up, pre-start checklists, daily operations, shutting down
- Maintenance of diesel engine and compressor, checks, test-runs
- Troubleshooting advice for both compressor and diesel engine
- Overview and identification of sensors and safety switches
This book contains 180 pages of to-the-point and easy to understand information about portable diesel air compressors. See other tab for a full content overview by chapter.
The missing manual for compressor operators, on-site maintenance technicians, compressor technicians and service companies
- Buying and options
If you work with portable diesel air compressors, in any way, this book is for you.
- Compressor operators
- On-site maintenance technicians
- Compressor technicians
- Compressor service companies
- Planners and buyers
Diesel compressors are used at all sorts of locations – construction sites, mining sites, oil-and gas fields, and many more place. These machines are often used in remote places, so if something is wrong with the machine – you are responsible to fix it. But you need to get your job done – not spend time fixing this machine.
If you work with, maintain, or repair diesel compressors, this book is for you!
It contains everything you need to know – how they work, what each part does, troubleshooting help – everything.
What You Will Get
The book has 180 pages and more than 160 images and diagrams – everything you need to know about portable diesel compressors is explained in detail.
You will get a direct download digital version of the book (PDF).
You will also have lifetime access to updates. When a new version of the book becomes available, you can download it from the members area.
Plus, you get access to me. You can ask me questions – about the book, or about your specific machine or problems that you might have.
Rotary Screw Compressor
- The screw element
- Oil-free vs oil-injected screw compressors
- Compression ratio
- High pressure two-stage machines
- High capacity twin-screw machines
- Stationary vs portable diesel compressors
- Controlling outlet pressure
- Controlling compressor capacity
How portable diesel screw compressors work
- The air system – inlet air filters, inlet valve, screw element, check valve, oil-separator, minimum pressure valve
- The oil system – screw element, oil separator tank, oil separator filter, scavenge line and pipe, thermostatic valve, oil cooler, oil filters, oil stop valve
- Compressor control systems – electrical start, stop and safety systems
- Compressor control systems – pneumatic control system
- General troubleshooting advice
- Troubleshooting engine startup and shutdown problems
- Specific troubleshooting advice (overheating of compressor, overheating of diesel engine, low pressure, safety valve blows, oil in compressed air, oil out of inlet filter, water in compressed air)
- Sensors and safety devices on portable diesel compressors
- Diesel basics
- Cooling system
- Engine oil system
- Air system (inlet and exhaust)
- Fuel system
- Engine control system – electronic and mechanical speed control and fuel injection systems.
- Standard maintenance intervals
- Maintenance procedures and information
- Compressor oil
- Engine oil
- Engine and compressor inlet filters
- Compressor and engine oil filters
- Oil separator element
- Fuel filters
- Engine valve clearance
- Checks to perform after maintenance (test-run)
Buying and options
- Compressor size: pressure vs capacity
- Pressure and capacity
- What pressure and capacity do you need?
- Problems when buying the wrong compressor (too high/low pressure, too high/low capacity, etc)
- Options and extras (aftercoolers, condensate traps, re-heaters, air dryers, spark arrestors, intake air shutoff valves, tool lubricators, external fuel tanks, towbar types, air outlets, built-in generators, cold start / cold climate options)
- Setting up on a new site
- Before starting the compressor
- Starting the diesel engine
- Starting compression (loading)
- Normal operation
- Stopping the compressor
- Adjusting pressure
- Opening and closing valves
- Connecting and disconnecting hoses
- Hot weather operation
- Cold weather operation
- Ambient air quality: dust, chemicals, flammable gases
- High altitude operation
- Location and access
Here’s a screenshot of some pages of the book – as you see there are many images and diagrams that help to explain everything in easily.
Portable Diesel Air Compressors
I’m here to support you – that’s why with all my products and guides, you receive lifetime access to updates and new versions. New versions will be uploaded to the customer/members area when available. There you can ask questions and request help as well.